German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often do I take her out to "potty"?

She is still scared of us and won't come out her kennel without a fight.

She goes in spurts of crying as if Jason is getting at her with a knife. I don't want to go every time she cries to let her learn when you cry, mommy or daddy is there.

Ideas?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
His other post said 10 weeks.

If you force her out of her kennel (I assume she's already established this as her happy place), then you'll just enforce her behavior that tells her that you're scary. Don't force her to do anything right now. Just let her settle in. She won't soil in her crate. Wait for her to come out of it on her own and take her out then.

If she cries and you're concerned, try to keep out of sight but check on her. If all is well, walk away. More than likely, she's being a crybaby. ;)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
10 weeks. She arrived home about 5 hours ago. Kennel open for 4 hours in living room.

She's now in spare room, facing Arlos crate.

Took her out with Arlo and she watched him go. (figure she can learn from him too)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I think having her watch Arlo is a great Idea. I know Ozzy learned a lot from watching our other dogs. (It's been a pain trying to keep him from catching onto their bad habits though).

·
Registered
36 Posts
I once had the same incident. When i first got rocky he hid under my neighbors pickup truck. He wouldnt comeout so we had to actually pull him out of there. After that he never had any issues of that sort.
Goodluck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts