German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Luna was acting very weird last night. She was very restless wouldn't listen at anything, would stare at me and mouth my hands as if she is telling me something but all her commands did nothing she liked. No it was having to go pee, I checked her vulva because I know sometimes females can he restless before heat, her vuvla is not swollen, I am using my golden who I let go thru one heat as a example for vuvla size. This morning she was digging in her cage which she NEVER does. She isnt aggressive just seems like she cant get settled at all and was pacing a lot.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am starting to think it heat cycle related. I made sure I gave her a LOT of exercise last night. She still was restless. Another thing she is doing is a moun like sound. It is hard to describe. If me or my wife leave her eye sight she got very concerned and would whine a lot almost like separation anxiety (which she doesn't have). I only went thru heat cycle with my golden retriever and she never made mourning sounds or had separation issues, she was however VERY needy and velcro like. I gut says heat related but my brain is saying no because of the vuvla not being swollen. I will check it again tonight.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
You will see bloody discharge way before her vulva swells...pretty hard to miss. But if your dog seems restless, and is moaning, I'd definitely have her checked by your Vet. None of my dogs ever showed those signs going into a heat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts