German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys so this is my first post on the website. i have never worried so much in my life about someone else life like i do with Saber my 7 month old german shepherd. i was wondering if you guys think that his back looks good and straight. i tried to look around for the best breeder i could. here is a picture of his back + some vanity pics because i cant stop taking pictures of him lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
What a handsome dog!

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
His back looks very nice.

I saw that you had also posted in the hips section with the same question (that thread was deleted to avoid duplication). If you are concerned about his hips, Hip Dysplasia is not a factor of the dog's back line. It is genetic/environmental.

What people see and think may cause hip dysplasia is either a roach back, where the middle of the back has an upwards 'hump', or a back line that seems very angled due to too much of an angle in the hock (the backwards "knee" of the rear legs). Over-angulation can make the dog walk with difficulty and appear weak in the rear. A dog may be roach backed and over-angulated and have good hips, or be moderate in structure and still have hip-dysplasia. The causes and factors that cause HD are still not very well understood.

You beautiful boy has neither a roach, nor over-angulation: he looks well put together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts