German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys:)
I'm new here, Me and my Fiance are both the proud parents of our 7 month old German Shepard mix named Zeus :wub: He is an amazing dog! Super smart and the best cuddler ever! :laugh: He has always been a big goof ball and running around and wagging his tail all over the place.
But ever since we brought home a new little one to the family named Koda (Rottweiler mix) 6 weeks old (I know he's to young but his whole family got ran over and the vets said he was ready) Anyways Zeus seems....depressed. They get along GREAT and when we go outside his tail is wagging and he looks so happy and playful. They even sleep together! But sometimes he just looks at me like he's trying so hard to say something. Like "help" His eyes look so lost and his ears are down. We give them both equal attention and love them both to pieces so I don't understand what's going on with him. He eats normally, goes to the bathroom healthy and doesn't yelp or look like he's in pain. It's just his eyes....he looks kind of like he's lost his best friend or something. Also he's been oddly pushing himself against me and my fiance lately,like whenever we sit or lay down even curls up on our feet when we're doing dishes,he'll just keep pushing against us until he can't get any closer to our body. Does anyone know what's going on with my zuzubear? Help :(
-Hannah

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Zeus likely needs some "special time." He's becoming an adolescent, an emotionally sensitive time.

My youngest, now around 18 months, always gets a little clingy and worried when there's a new foster in the house. She needs reassurance that she's still my girl, so she gets one-on-one snuggle and play time, and sometimes a special outing just for her. It always perks her up. Try giving Zeus some special time, away from the puppy, to remind him of his "seniority" in the household.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I agree with magwart, I have an 8 mnth old and a 16 week old GSD's and mieka my oldest always gets special trips and Millie the youngest stays to play with the family so my mieka knows she was first here and we will always have our "special times " and she does great

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
" We give them both equal attention and love"

He doesn't want equal, he wants it all! Lol!

I think Magwart summed it up pretty well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts