German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
It's not just you! Welcome to adolescence! This too will pass.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Up the obedience training and exercise and it should pass quickly :)

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Yeah, Rusty could be a punk at that age. I remember it well. On several occasions we went back to basics with training!

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I haven't got to see my newest being not the devil...I was lucky enough to get him right at his worst:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank god!! He's really trying my patience. So much so last night he was running laps on our bed and I had to body slam him and cuddle him to calm him down!

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Registered
874 Posts
ok wait so you mean i might be seeing all of this behavior...so far I think I have the most mellow pup ever.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Haha oh man gotta love them! :)
Zelda has been amazing being that she's been on "bed rest" for about a week since her surgry.. AMAZING!
However, i do have to reteach the "simple" things. But I've heard from a trainer that a dog doesnt follow something consistnetly until they have done it right over a 1,000 times. So perhaps I am not at the 1,000 mark yet. :) Terrible two's is a good description for it!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Dax is already the devil! I'm afraid to see if his attitude gets worse in a couple months! Actually hoping it improves greatly! Shasta was the easiest pup, very mellow. Dax is the opposite.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Oh no! Please don't say my well behaved pup will turn into a devil LOL he's 5 months right now.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Roxy is just 5 months old...but man she's been the best pup ever. She picks up everything quickly. The landsharking -- hasn't even been an issue. When she starts play biting all we have to do is say "no bite" and it will go right into licking. She doesn't bounce all over. She's good to go outside and burst and then come in the house and chill. She seems to know there is a difference.

we go to a dog park about 45 minutes from here once or twice a week and today somebody commented again on what a mellow and well behaved dog she is.
I just don't know if I'm really lucky or if I've just seen the calm before the storm.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
biting anything and everything is landsharking.... run by biting. run by butt grabbing.... basically mouthy obnoxious puppy lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
Odin skipped this stage, but he's a beta submissive pee-er to begin with. :/

He's outgrown it for the most part, but if he sees someone he hasn't in a while, he sometimes still does.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what did your pup do that makes you think he's turning into
the devil? don't worry. the devil has no chance against training
and socializing.
he's been really mellow and calm and does his obedience training etc really well. then all of a sudden he went nuts and doesnt do any of it! Today though he seems to be back to normal! we did have a family member staying with us for the last 3 weeks and i have a feeling Charlie was a bit out of sorts because of him. I actually caught this particular family member raising a hand to Charlie the other day, and I tell you what he got a piece of my mind.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My Riley is 14 weeks old today and already a devil. Well she is a devil at home! When she goes to work with me at the barn and is out and about she is perfect and naturally obedient. Once we get home and the leash comes off, watch out! She will do hot laps all around (despite being already exhausted) and if I don't keep a toy nearby out come the teeth. Or she tries to play/harass with my older pugs who want nothing to do with her. I can't image what it is going to be like when she is 6 months, bigger and stronger. I hope she is getting the devil stage out of her system now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts