German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Zoe went raw again with pork for a second time. This time I had taken out a frozen 6lb. pork shoulder to make barbecue for tomorrow's games, and set it on top of our toaster oven on the counter waaaaaay out of reach. I went upstairs to put away my mountain of laundry and came down to an empty zip lock bag in her crate. She devoured the WHOLE thing:( So do I make her vomit or let it be?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I wouldn't make her throw up, but if she's not used to raw and large meals, she will probably have diarrhea...so be prepared to take her out frequently to avoid accidents.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to strangle her today,lol She is used to raw though not 6lbs. at once and her stomach is pretty iron clad....she ate about 4 lbs. last time with no GI upset though I will give her some gas x to help her out. Hubby says he hopes her colon explodes...I think he's mad:D Thank god we stock up on meats but what is her problem when it comes to pork? We leave chicken and beef out daily to defrost and she knows better; but for some reason pork is not safe around here with her. Well she just lost out on dinner prospects for tonight but she does look really cute all curled up with me looking guilty,lol

·
Registered
583 Posts
I would also be concerned about pancreatitis. That's a lot of pork. Had two GSD's come into the Vets office I worked at years ago. They'd eaten a large portion of deer someone had killed and left in the woods. Vet gave them peroxide and about 20 minutes later it all ended up on the ground. Yuck!

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think my oven is going to be our new meat thawing spot,lol especially when it's pork nights. I have a feeling my lab partook as well he has been mighty laid back since the incident,lol They went for a good walk, pooped, drank, and now are both sleeping in bed with me like babies. I'll be keeping an eye out, but being it looks like both ate I don't think I have as much to worry about. No dinner for them for sure though....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts