German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep in mind he has lost 20 lbs since these pic and is now a body score 3 instead of 4

I know he is not properly stacked but when there is no second person to take the picture it got pretty challenging haha

Attachments

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Those are pictures at his current weight?

Reactions: WateryTart

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
He is handsome! I bet he feels better now that he has lost those pounds!! I love the dark dogs!!

·
Registered
27,245 Posts
is this the dog that chases laser pointers for exercise? I'd love to see muscle

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He is my pet, things got out of control when he was hit by a car but we both have been working hard to get things back to the way they were before that. He never gives up and has the best attitude I have ever seen in a dog, I'm immensely proud of him even if others are not.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
He is my pet, things got out of control when he was hit by a car but we both have been working hard to get things back to the way they were before that. He never gives up and has the best attitude I have ever seen in a dog, I'm immensely proud of him even if others are not.
Typically when a dog is fat, the dog isn't the issue.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
And because they eat the food and engage in the activity we give them, we're responsible for their weight and fitness.

If I have an obese dog and I want to know why, I look in the mirror.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And because they eat the food and engage in the activity we give them, we're responsible for their weight and fitness.

If I have an obese dog and I want to know why, I look in the mirror.
I'm not asking why, he was hit by a car and was down for a long time.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its difficult keeping them trim with a lengthy recovery. Even if you manage to keep the weight down they still lose some muscle mass.
Guessing some people here would rather euthanize or sell a dog if it was not up to their standard of beauty. jmo

But I love my dog and never gave up on him.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I don't think anyone here isn't glad that you have taken weight off your dog. It's wonderful. All dogs deserve to be lean and healthy, and properly exercised. I think a lot of people take issue with the fact that he was allowed to become as large as he was in the first place. No one is "not proud" of your dog, for what it's worth. Hopefully you can find a way to exercise him and build some muscle. Hopefully then he lives a very long and healthy life.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts