German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve tried everything spare taping/gluing... This floppy ear has been the bane of my existence for months.

It’s wider and taller than the other one, not very thick, and only stands sometimes (walks, training, play).

I don’t want to have to get involved but at 6mo old I fear the window is closing rapidly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine was the same around 6 months. I began feeding him 1 hard boiled egg with the shells every few days. I don't know if was just a timing coincidence, but within a few weeks, the ear began showing signs of life. Now at almost 8 months the ear is fully developed and standing straight.

hope this helps

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
You got a purdy puppy! Can't help much, short of injury, all of mine throughout the years have developed at different ages. I believe the latest is 8 months for ears to stand.

·
Registered
609 Posts
There is still plenty of time for that ear to come up permanently. If it stands sometimes, it should stand all the time when it is ready. Eggs can't hurt as well as lots of good things to chew on.

Some of us here have had our pups' ears stand at 9+ months, even a year, so try not to worry. You pup is fine and very cute.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts