German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud owner of a beautiful shepardX rescue. We have been feeding him Performatrin Chicken and rice since we adopted him 3 months ago, but have been noticing him scratching (luckly no sores) quiet a bit.

Could it be the food that he is alergic to?

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Have you tried switching proteins? Going to beef, fish, etc to see if that makes a difference?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Look, IMO with 10 years with GSDs, and having saved my 10 y.o. from being put down by switching to RAW, see Testimonial in BARF/RAW diets section, IMO it is the kibble..

Not only do the rancid oils and preservatives and crap shorten their lives and cause cancer, but about half of all dogs are allergic to the kibble.. scratchy, itchy, bad dog smell, dropping coat, shedding everywhere, ears, eyes, these are all signs of allergic response to the fillers and GRAIN in the kibble dry foods...

Hope a help, RAW is even cheaper as well as healthier if you get the hang of it.. My 5 1/2 month old Caesar, smells like a baby, does not shed, no itchiness, icredibly smart, 25" tall, 29 kg, 64 lbs.... ON RAW....

Hope a help to you....

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
what's a shepardX??

I am the proud owner of a beautiful

>>>> shepardX rescue.<<<<

We have been feeding him Performatrin Chicken and rice since we adopted him 3 months ago, but have been noticing him scratching (luckly no sores) quiet a bit.

Could it be the food that he is alergic to?

·
Registered
766 Posts
I started supplementing with fish oil and it did wonders for his coat and he's not constantly chewing on himself and doesn't have dry flaky skin anymore. It saved us from having to do the food elimination process. It would at least be worth a shot to try :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts