German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, usually I just search to find solutions to my problems however I haven't been able to find any information regarding this issue.

First of all I have a 6 month GSD and up until now he has not been timid in any situation unless it was the lawn mower.

Within the past few days I've started to notice that he is scared when I am carrying objects. For example last night I picked up my keyboard and he ran away scared.

I'm unsure where this behaviour has developed as he has never been hit by an object etc. unless of course one of
My neighbours has done something but I have had no complaints about the dog so I hope not.

Is this a stage of puppy hood or should I be looking at training this out of him.

Has anyone got any links to training this sort of problem.

Thanks in advance, Kurt.

·
Registered
31,887 Posts
My guess is that your dog is just in a freaky puppy stage. Ignore any of those responses and do what you are going to do. If you are doing heavy training right now -- like 60 minutes a day, you might want to back up and step down a little. Do not make any reaction to any fearful reaction on his part, but in what training you do with him, be sure to set him up to succeed and then praise him for doing it. Builiding the bond and his confidence is always important, at this point it is maybe moreso. If it goes on for more than a week or two, or gets worse, you might run it by your trainer or find a behaviorist.

The lawnmower? does he have a problem with thunder? He may be sound sensitive. Maybe there is some stuff with what to do about sound sensitivity if you run a search here or google it.

Sorry I could not be much help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts