German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved back home for a short while. I was supposed to take their 6 month old GSD that they got for me. They took her to obedience classes and everything. They is my mom. Well my dad has spoiled her rotten and gives her whatever she wants. She does not listen to any commands, she pulls on the leash, she runs around the yard barking at everything and anything that moves. It's ridiculous. I'm very upset as I spent a considerable amount of money on the obedience class only to have my dad ruin it all.

Is there any way to salvage this situation or is she a lost cause? Please help. I am pretty new to training GSDs but I am up for the challenge

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
I think if you take over the training and basically start all over with your gsd that you will be able to train her. But since your post mentioned that you have moved back only for a short while, unless you can take your gsd with you when you leave, she will need a refresher course when you next move back home.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
She isn’t spoiled, she is untrained. Start over with her training and be consistent. Eventually she will behave for you, maybe for your mother and won’t listen at all to your father unless he steps up and expects her to.

Obedience classes don’t train the dog, they train the owner. Working at home and out with the dog teaches the dog.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts