German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I wanted to get some advice for my about to be 6 month old male german shepherd puppy. I got him at 8 weeks old and would bring him all over the place and we do attend group dog training classes usually we are able to attend 2 - 3 a week through our training facilities program. He has this problem that when people are approaching head on or he sees them in the distance he starts to bark. He has been fine when people pet his back when he walks by and wont turn around and bark so he seems comfortable with this. I have never had him lunge but I believe he is barking out of some fear and insecurity and wanted some advice on how to approach this problem. I dont want this problem to progress and end up turning into aggression so i will definitely take any advice I can get. Thank you everyone!

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Make sure you leave the house and take him for a walk don't let him take you for a walk.
Try to pick up speed and control his attention on you and just trot/run past people for awhile.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you I will keep the speed in mind! he doesn't bark at everyone so I will definitely watch for the signs I have been able to successfully take him into big cities with only a few incidents but when I see the signs I will try and pick up my pass while having him watch me! and Ill add some walks to practice this more

1 - 3 of 3 Posts