German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 6 mo. old GSD has developed a habit of continually barking at people, other dogs and anything that moves. He will bark if someone is coming into the house and he won't stop. He will bark if he sees something outside of a window (usually a person or someone walking a dog). We thought he was just starting to be protective but recently when we are on walks he barks at people and/or dogs as well. While barking and even more recently growling, his hackles go up.

I don't think he is being aggressive...by that I mean he seems to try to run away (he lunges away from the "threat" when he is on leash).

Anything I can do to let him know that whoever we are letting in the house is "ok"? I would like him to bark but when we tell him that it is fine he will stop. I don't know if it is possible to get a puppy to accept someone with a verbal command.

Note: we have tried getting a person to give him a treat, he takes it but then starts barking again.

I am getting worried that as he gets older he will stop running away and start attacking.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the treating may work on walks and in the house but at the same time I don't want him to become comfortable with strangers. I really want to be able to use a command that says its ok for certain people/animals/situations.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.