German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, My pup Kaiser will be turning 6 months old tomorrow.

Ive noticed over the last few weeks he has been acting far more agressive towards myself and my fiance. I know biting / nipping is a normal part of growing up for a pup and i accept that. Lately he has been baring his teeth, staring at us and snapping his jaws, and lunging and biting us at every opportunity.

Since he was younger we have been substituting our hands for toys, giving him time outs and trying to wear him out to lessen the biting, with limited success.

I take him on 2 walks a day, we have a large backyard which I also play with him in.

I have stopped playing tug with him as i read somewhere this will encourage biting.

He does go to obedience training, once or twice a week and he seems to be doing pretty well. He will sit, recall, wait for his food until i give him the ok to eat, etc.

I should also point out that his behaviour is much more sedate when we are out in public or at a family/friends home. He just seems to behave aggressively when we are at home.

My fiance wants to get him desexed in the hopes he will calm down with the snarling/snapping etc Im just not sure that it would make a difference.

Anyway, any thoughts appreciated. Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts