German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i just bought a 6 1/2 week old german shepherd puppy,
there are two things i dont really know why she does,
one is when we whistle, she goes nuts and starts whining and jumping up towards out heads/back of neck.
second is when she smells human food she instantly snaps into this zombie mode and yelps for the food, when you pick her up still she yelps and yelps untill you have to get up and leave the room.
could it be because her foster people gave her human food? or is this pretty normal?

thanks in advance!! :)

·
Registered
27,338 Posts
Welcome to the site and the wonderful world of GSD's!
She is a baby and hasn't learned to manage her impulses. She was in rescue(foster) and they let her go at 6.5 weeks? Were there other pups in the foster home?

Here is a good link on development, http://www.diamondsintheruff.com/DevelopmentalStages.html
and the puppy threads has many good threads...keep on reading!! Start with the bite inhibition sticky and work your way down;)

·
Registered
906 Posts
I'm surprised they let you have her that young! Does she do that with her puppy food?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there was a lady and her brother. both had german shepherds they decided to breed i guess, and they were very irresponsible and wanted them gone, when i had got her she was infested with fleas i had to pick them all off with tweezers.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I hope you will take the time to do a lot of reading and asking questions here because
6 1/2 weeks is very young and you now own a GSD so please read, research, and ask question we are here to help.

Get a good book to read raising a GSD puppy. Someone will give you a good book I am sure.

·
Registered
626 Posts
She's just a baby @ 6 1/2 weeks. Patience, Learning and more Patience here ! Take advantage of the wealth of puppy knowledge here !!!
Good Luck with the new baby girl !!!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new baby! Like everybody else said, she is just a baby. Just be patient and get a good book. The forum is a great place to browse nd learn alot about shepherds, too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.