German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and his ears haven't even made an attempt to come up....we have glued, taped, feed him cottage cheese...heavy, floppy ears.

I love him no matter what...he has the sweetest disposition of any dog I have ever owned.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Don't give up hope! My Zeus' ears were floppy until just recently and he is two and half years old! They have been standing up more straight now than ever. It's rare, but definitely possible his ears could rise later in life!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
he could just be a late bloomer!!!! he is only 5 months old!!! i've heard if you try calcium supplements that can help but i dont know a dosage for you. Someone else will have better dosage advice.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven't necessarily given up hope, but I have quit stressing over it. He is a gorgeous black and tan, and he is huge! He is about 60 pounds already and a big baby....It would be nice if his ears came up because he is so beautiful, but taping and gluing have been so stressful....I want a happy dog.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I am gluing my foster's ear and he's a year. My breeder once had a 9 year old's ear go up after being supported by a cone for a few months - not something she expected! I think I would have a harder time doing it if he didn't like it though - he just doesn't care about it. His other ear is up, but soft.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ears have never been up...never attempted to come up. Ordered some ear forms today we will see.

No, he isn't show lines, but he is one heckuva trash eater.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My GSD is six-months old, and his ears went up yesterday. My Vet told me that one of customer's dog's ears went up at 2 years old. You never know how it's going to turn out.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My flop-eared baby brought his food bowl in the den and dropped it in front of me...first time he has ever done that! I waited a whole 30 seconds, then got up and filled his bowl...pupper needs to know I am the boss!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts