German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I’m new to the group, nice to meet yous all!
To start this post off I have a 5 month old gsd puppy I gotten since he was 7 weeks. His always been around different people, kids and animals.
Just Recently I notice he has change a bit, social wise. Just last month I dropped him off at my best friend moms house who’s a dog trainer and guide dog trainer.

A couple days ago I got told by my best friend my puppy koda hates children, at first that got me confuse because he always been around children, even plays with children at parks and the beach. So of course I asked if she was sure and she said yes as previously there was an incident where he lunge at a child, not biting him but just on top of him barking at the kids face (the kid did nothing to aggravate him that’s what my friend told me but instead sat on the couch), another incident he barked loudly at a neighbour kid who just knock on my best friend door to check if his toy was at her backyard.

I dont know why his acting like this out the blue! All this took place a week ago and just recently, my little brother was playing outside as we set up for Christmas dinner so we put a leash on koda so he won’t interfere with our set up and because my sister partner didn’t tie properly he gotout and suddenly lunge at my lil brother, jumping, barking in his face constantly, scaring my little brother in the process.
I’m just wondering is he going through a fear period? Or is this related possible to something else? Also no kids has ever hit him or anything, infact they play with him a lot and always give him pats! This behaviour started ever since he undergone training so is it possible that it got to do with that? Sorry for the long paragraph.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
This doesn’t sound like a fear period and I doubt it’s training related. What training is he doing and were you there for it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts