German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have already seen a vet and gave him a hip n joint tablet as calcium and another suplement. Dogfood was also replaced to royal canine to help bones. After a week my GSD improved her homd legs but not 100% and now after 2 weeks she has not completely recovered, my gsd is only 6 months is she ready for n xry? Please advice and thanks

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Ferdzandbella, have you spoken to your BREEDER? That's why we spend the months locating a good responsible one (and pay a bit more) so we have their feed back and support and got a puppy they will be able to help with. Also you can compare how the littermates are doing.

If you went with a showline GSD, many of them are structurally different and were bred that way on purpose.

Look around the 30 sec mark

·
Registered
32,379 Posts
What country are you in?

Why a calcium supplement? If your dog is eating a balanced dog food such as Royal Canin then you absolutely should not be giving extra calcium to a large breed puppy

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I am going through some hd hip issues and arthritis in my 6 month old puppy. Right now we are doing Adequan and IV Laser therapy. it is helping alot. Even on just the Adequan ( 4th shot of loading just yesterday) he seemed better. Weve had one laser therapy session and he was a little sore the next day but is doing better. Am taking him back for his second therapy today.

The rehab person doing the laser therapy said laser helps with dogs that have paralysis, it costs $40 a session down here in CA.

My dogs ortho vet said not to give calcium. ( i was giving Ester C when I found out he had HD for about 5 days) he said for god sakes stop giving it to him.:eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts