German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

My puppy seems to sleep a lot and when playing will just stop and lay down. It is rather hot here right now which could impact him. He is on a raw diet. The weekend before last we went on a 3 hour hike and he was having a blast. He is in daycare during the week and they do not mention anything abnormal. Maybe during the weekend he just likes to rest from his very energetic week?

I just assumed he would be full of energy until 2-3 years.

Thanks Ashley

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yes, especially when it's hot it is very normal for them just to lay down to stay cool. Wet grass under a tree or a cold spot on the floor by an AC vent are my dogs favorite spot.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
A 3 hour weekend hike, the heat, plus playing with other pups at doggy day care during the week - that is more than enough to tire out a pup and no wonder he just wants to rest up on weekends. I suggest you relax and enjoy the quiet time together and stay cool :)

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
You could always invest 10 dollars in one of those blue kiddie pools for your back yard. Whenever the puppy starts to overheat it will run over to it and jump in and lay there till it cools down and will be ready to go back to action.

·
Registered
7,132 Posts
The heats saps mine. If its in the 90s mine are good for about 3-4 throws before they're off to the shade. When I use the flirt pole, it turns into a game of tug me to the shade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts