German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 5 month old DSD mix has had water hose butt for 2 days and has no interest in food today. She is raw fed and has been since she was 2 months old. the only thing i have done differently is i added tripett green bison tripe a few days back. should i be worried? I read that its not abnormal for a raw fed dog to fast for a day . i would like opinions and suggestions please TIA

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
I would fast her and also get her into the vets to make sure something else isn't going on. Did she maybe eat something (like a toy) that you didn't see?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think so. I noticed she had the runs yesterday morning. The past couple of days she has been less than enthusiastic about her meals. She doesn't really have any energy either. Just want to sleep.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I don't think so. I noticed she had the runs yesterday morning. The past couple of days she has been less than enthusiastic about her meals. She doesn't really have any energy either. Just want to sleep.
If my dog showed those signs I would sitting in the vets office. I am a bit of a worrier, but when I notice several little things (not wanting to eat, softer poop) and a change in mood (no energy, wanting to sleep) I know something is wrong. I would rather go to the vet and pay $50 bucks for the vet to look at her and tell me I'm crazy then not go and something shows up later that could have been prevented.

If there is no real reason for her to be tired, no crazy play dates or extra long walks, I would take her to the vet, or at least call. JMO

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
She could have a partial obstruction or something else that is serious. If she gets any worse I would make time to get to the vet today.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update! She doesn't want chicken and liver but was very happy to take a chicken foot. She seems much more excitable now also.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Like has been said: She could have gotten some foreign object, keep a close watch... Any downturn get her the VET... She could have swallowed something that plugged her up...

Or it could be a passing viral or bacteria gastro she got from something...

If it was a passing gastroenteritis from something she picked up: Try giving her something different, like a beef stirfry cut up steak or some other lamb heart or beef heart, some bulk she has not had and see if that stimulates here appetite....

Good luck. lone Ranger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts