German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
We have a 5 month old puppy and her tail chasing has gotten a lot worse this last week or so. She's been doing it since about 4 months old. I feel like the answer to this question may be to up her mental exercise, but there's another factor. She mostly does it when the stroller (we have a 1 year old... yes, we're very busy lol!) is moving (wagon too, or even our little guys walking toy..) She'll run alongside/infront of it and chase her tail at the same time...
When she does it in the house we try and hold her so that she'll stop and distract her, but she'll go right back after playing with the toy for 2 minutes..
She hasn't done this in a couple weeks but when she was chasing her tail she'd stop and pee immediately, like she was disorientated. She's fully trained so she isn't intentionally peeing in the house. She hasn't done this in about 2 weeks but just wanted to include it incase it's an indicator of something!
Please help! I know tail chasing can lead to OCD and I really want to nip this in the bud before it becomes a big issue!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi everyone!
We have a 5 month old puppy and her tail chasing has gotten a lot worse this last week or so. She's been doing it since about 4 months old. I feel like the answer to this question may be to up her mental exercise, but there's another factor. She mostly does it when the stroller (we have a 1 year old... yes, we're very busy lol!) is moving (wagon too, or even our little guys walking toy..) She'll run alongside/infront of it and chase her tail at the same time...
When she does it in the house we try and hold her so that she'll stop and distract her, but she'll go right back after playing with the toy for 2 minutes..
She hasn't done this in a couple weeks but when she was chasing her tail she'd stop and pee immediately, like she was disorientated. She's fully trained so she isn't intentionally peeing in the house. She hasn't done this in about 2 weeks but just wanted to include it incase it's an indicator of something!
Please help! I know tail chasing can lead to OCD and I really want to nip this in the bud before it becomes a big issue!
I should include, she seems to be pretty possessive of the stroller. We tested her by taking the baby out and just walking the empty stroller down the side walk (gated yard so she couldn't get out) and she cries and tries desperately to get to the stroller...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts