German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! This is just for fun as I don’t plan to show or breed, but can anyone offer insight on my young boy? He was last weighed about a week ago at 55 lbs. I know it’s not a perfect stack, but probably the best I can manage lol! If not I can try to get a better one. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
I know nothing about conformation, but, aside from 2 of his feet being burried in snow, that's a pretty **** good stack!

And he's a very good looking dog!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Tim! I was out shooting pictures and saw my chance hehe. His eyes are closed too, of course.

·
Super Moderator
18,681 Posts
You did a pretty good job with the stacking. He is very well proportioned right now especially for his age. Withers are flat, good topline, croup could be longer. Very nice shoulder and very good rear angulation. Is his eye shut in the photo? Next time try to get him a little tired so his mouth is open for the picture.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you both! Yes he happened to be blinking, of course! I can probably find a “normal” photo of him with his mouth open, would that be helpful?

As far as age, his date of birth is June 23 this year.

·
Super Moderator
18,681 Posts
Next time just have a shot after he has run around a little and is panting a bit. It shows off the GSD head better.

·
Super Moderator
18,681 Posts
He is maturing nicely. The structure assessment hasn't changed, but his head his starting to get much more masculine.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you both so much! I’ve been super happy with him, he’s really a perfect dog. Other than the vet bills I couldn’t ask for more :) lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts