German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 5 month old is slightly limping on his front legs. I'm concerned he may be growing too fast and that's what's causing it. He's not in A lot of pain as he still runs around but he has a noticeable limp. He just turned 5 months and is about 55lb. I can still feel his ribs and see the shape of his hips from Birdseye view. Is anyone else going through this?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Yes, Riley has this too. The vet said to feed him kirkland lamb, rice and veggie food. I was giving him to much protein. The krikland food has 26% protein, so I decided to just feed him the brand he's been doing well on (blue buffalo) adult dog food. It has 24% protein. (the food I had him on had 36% or 38% protein. To high)

The vet also wanted to do xrays, but the end result is still changing the food.

Here's a link:
Panosteitis in Dogs (Growing Pains)

Riley is 5 months old and 55lbs. He has a limp that comes and goes and when he sits he wasn't putting a lot of weight on that leg/foot. He is doing better now that we switched the food.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the advice. I'm feeding Buzz canidae all life stages formula and it has 24% protein. I'll keep an eye in him. If it gets any worse ill take him to the vet. Thanks again!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts