German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pair of straight back (working class?) GSD pups, 5m 3d old today, were weighed and measured today. The female weighed in at 44lbs, 21 1/2" at the withers, while the male, 51lbs, 22 1/2". Are they going good, and what can I expect for their heights once they've fully grown?

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
You can get a good idea of how big and tall your pups will mature at if you know how big the parents are.

·
Registered
478 Posts
My almost 5 month old male is 48 pounds and lean ( not sure of height) . The vet and the trainer feel he will be on the larger , but within breed standard size , range. He has a straighter back too. Parents unknown.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 5 and a half month old female was weighed today-70lbs!!! She is lean and looks closer to 50 lbs so I was quite surprised. Not sure of her height though but she still has a lot of growing to do based on her paw and ear size.

·
Registered
181 Posts
My almost 5 month old male is 48 pounds and lean ( not sure of height) . The vet and the trainer feel he will be on the larger , but within breed standard size , range. He has a straighter back too. Parents unknown.
I have an Alvin too lol GSD born November 2013. He is 5 months and 46 lbs today

·
Registered
120 Posts
Through the 5th month Jake was 50-60 lbs., he was only about 23 inches tall. Now at 8+ months he's 80+ lbs. but only 25 inches. I don't think he's going to get real tall, maybe just a tad over breed standards. He's a long boy.

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts