German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, I have had my pup Sky for about a month now and she is showing strange behavior I think, she eats bugs, rocks , dirt, grass etc. she is also very stubborn when I take her on walks won't listen when I tell her no not to eat these things, will just sit down and basically throw a tantrum :/ I dont know if GSD's go through a terrible two phase but she listens well in the home but when she is outside she is out of control , overall great dog! I start her puppy classes this Sunday so I'm hoping it will help me get her to listen. I also wonder if its to late being that she is 5 months but I recently bought her and have no clue as to what her previous owners taught her if anything at all!

any and all advice is greatly appreciated! :crazy:

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have the same issue with my puppy too (he is 11 1/2 weeks tho) but the most important thing I think is to get Sky's attention. A high value treat maybe? I use sausages when Sunny ignores my commands to get his focus back to me. HTH.
And also training for a GSD, in my opinion is never too late :). Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I have the same issue with my puppy too (he is 11 1/2 weeks tho) but the most important thing I think is to get Sky's attention. A high value treat maybe? I use sausages when Sunny ignores my commands to get his focus back to me. HTH.
And also training for a GSD, in my opinion is never too late :). Good Luck!
This a good suggestion. I use hot dogs ( microwaved for a few mins and cooled) for outside. It gets Dexters attention right away. :)

Let us know how it works out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts