German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My name is Jeff, this will mark my first post.

I am here seeking advice or answers to a problem with our little girl.

Cami is a 5 mo. old rescue who has been with us since April, and has been center of attention ever since. We couldn't be happier with her. Since she was rescued, we are unsure of her father's breed, her mothers was a beautiful GSD.

Cami has been on a Raw Diet her entire life. Specifically K9 Natural, Frozen. She eats a total of 2lbs per day divided into three feeding times a day 8, 12 and 6.

On Friday night about 3 hours after eating Cami vomited her partially digest dinner. About an hour after eating she went to the park and I threw the tennis ball for her for about 30 minutes, and then we headed home. An hour later there was two huge piles of vomit on the carpet.

She was very sorry, and after everything was cleaned up her behavior seemed very normal to me.

The same thing happened the next night, at almost the same routine and timing.

It happened again around 1am last night. Only difference was, she ate later that normal, and did not go to the park. She did however get a bath which she is always very vocal about especially when she is being towel dried.

She has been eating this batch of food since the last weekend of June with no problems until Friday night.

She eats K9 Natural Chicken in the AM, Green Tripe and Lamb for Lunch (Small Portion) and Beef for dinner.

She has been eating slightly slower since the vomiting, however it is slight. She has always mowed down her food and we are working on helping her pace herself.

Her energy levels seem normal, and I haven't seen any change in her behavior.

I did not find anything foreign in her vomit, and she it monitored almost 100% of the time. Her designated areas are uncluttered and are cleaned weekly.

I am having trouble figuring out what may be causing her to vomit?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Your pretty Cami has an upset tummy and needs a diet easy to digest, until her tummy settles down. I suggest you try some chicken (cooked) and rice instead of her regular food. See if she can keep that down. Then gradually introduce her regular food. If she continues to vomit, I would take her to the vet.

·
Premium Member
4,821 Posts
Hi Jeff! Welcome!
You are not from the US? It looks as the USA can only get the freeze dried K9 Naturals, that is why I asked.
Did your girl have any inoculations or a topical tick/flea product applied lately?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your pretty Cami has an upset tummy and needs a diet easy to digest, until her tummy settles down. I suggest you try some chicken (cooked) and rice instead of her regular food. See if she can keep that down. Then gradually introduce her regular food. If she continues to vomit, I would take her to the vet.
Thanks Mary Beth! Her tummy was upset, our feedings were too close together during the day, and too long over night so her belly was very full after dinner. Then exercise on top of that just didn't agree with her. We adjusted her feeding yesterday and we had no problem overnight.

Hi Jeff! Welcome!
You are not from the US? It looks as the USA can only get the freeze dried K9 Naturals, that is why I asked.
Did your girl have any inoculations or a topical tick/flea product applied lately?
No tick of flea products. I am in Southern California and get the Frozen K9 Natural from a Pet Store in Northern San Diego, one of the very few in my area that actually carries the product! It's a great product, little Cami is a happy girl.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts