German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My BF and I have birthdays a day apart... in August, when the weather is great! I generally camp/backpack w/ Keystone at least 3-4x a year but since we started dating this has been our annual “family” camping trip with both dogs and easier terrain for the senior. All dispersed camping, in the National Forest and a sort of leap frog car camping / backpacking hybrid. This year we covered Mendocino, Six Rivers & Rogue-River Siskiyou forests. On the last night we hauled out the fancy dog bed for a bit of “glamping”. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,265 Posts
Looks like a great trip. The boys are looking happy. And hope you enjoyed your birthday! When are you coming to Canada again.

·
Super Moderator
7,705 Posts
Beautiful pictures!Looks like a good time.

·
Super Moderator
5,365 Posts
wow, great memories and beautiful photos. so much thanks for sharing it with us

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Happy birthday! Fantastic pics!

·
Super Moderator
9,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
thanks everyone! it was certainly a peaceful and much needed get away... and nothing makes me happier than watching my dogs roam free in the wild (even when it includes fishing)! definitely one of the most beautiful areas we’ve been as a group. wish it was closer. at 13, i hate to think it could be Tildens last road trip, but interestingly we took him to several spots that we encountered on his very first long road trip over a decade ago. it was a little bittersweet.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
thanks everyone! it was certainly a peaceful and much needed get away... and nothing makes me happier than watching my dogs roam free in the wild (even when it includes fishing)! definitely one of the most beautiful areas we’ve been. at 13, i hate to think it could be Tildens last road trip, but interestingly we took him to several spots that we encountered on his very first long road trip over a decade ago. it was a little bittersweet.
That makes it all worthwhile!

·
Super Moderator
32,714 Posts
Happy birthday! What a great trip, so beautiful. I can't believe how good Tilden looks, he's wearing his age so well. :wub:

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Gorgeous photos! Looks like a fun adventure! We haven't been backpacking since we had kids. Not sure how we could make that happen with babies or toddlers, and have never been with the dogs. I miss being out in the wild, would be even better with the GSDs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts