German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our GSP when he walks his left rear foot turns somewhat outward. He is from championship German Show lines and the parents are certified HD clear. He has very angulated rear legs. the breeder and others have said this is common and he will grow out of it. He runs, jumps and shows no discomfort at anytime. He walks straight and is very active. I would say the paw turns out about 1" to 1 1/2 ". This happens when he steps. Standing he is fine. He is 50lbs. He has very long angulated legs. It is noticable from behind when he walks. Has anyone else experianced this? Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Anthony

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
how old is your dog? it seems like he's young. he's probably just growing. his body doesn't grow in equal parts. something might seem out of line in your opion but it's probably ok. i have a German import with the roach back. when he was young everything seemed wrong in my opion. i was so wrong. your dog is going to grow out of the something is wrong stage. it's just nerve recking to us.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Baron did the same thing and his sister was completely straight legged no turning out. Breeder said more exercise but don't overdo it. It seems to work. Lots of walks and get a frisbee! haha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts