German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , i have a female pure breed girl she is to day 5 monthes and half , sometimes she make her ears up when she is excited ( playing , chowing on new toy , go to place she love , etc .. ) they go up perfectly for a minute or two , then only on up and the other is down , do i wait till she is 6 monthes ? or go with glowing ? or any other sugguest . i am very waird and looking for help

thanks in advance

Note :
i only give her natural food ( chicken with there bones on , vegetables , etc .... )

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since she could still be teething at 5.5 months, I would wait until she is 6 months old. This article has some good suggestions:

First thanks for your reply

secound yes i have read this articale and it is one of some who made confusion to me .
they wrote " Its not uncommon for ears not to be up until 4 1/2 to 5 months of age "
then three paragraphe later ther wrote " If a pup does not have his ears up by 5 months I strongly recommend that you get involved with taping your dogs ears."

so if it is uncommon why they sugguest to tap if it is not have her ears up by 5 month ?

some others said if they come up for a minute or less the will be come up always
what is true ?

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
I agree with you that the advice is confusing and one wouldn't want to tape too soon which isn't good. Since the ears do come up then go down, I think she is still teething. I would wait until 6 months or 6 1/2 months and see how the ears are doing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with you that the advice is confusing and one wouldn't want to tape too soon which isn't good. Since the ears do come up then go down, I think she is still teething. I would wait until 6 months or 6 1/2 months and see how the ears are doing.

i like your idea and i think she is still teething ( cann't you tell from the photo ? ) , but if i wait till 6 1/2 months is it will be a late time or it is ok ?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
She is a pretty girl, that's for sure. I wouldn't be too worried yet. Her one ear looks solid.

What exactly do you feed her?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She is a pretty girl, that's for sure. I wouldn't be too worried yet. Her one ear looks solid.

What exactly do you feed her?
Thank you , your comment was a support for me
i feed her cooked chicken , meat , eggs , vegetables cooked with rice

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
An Update

Ok want to make update to the thread so others with my sitiuation find help like me

she is now 5 month and 26 days

last weak she had her ears up for a full day , then go down till now only up when she is excited speacialy when we play tug, when she feel a stranger at sight .
an advisor gave me a hint to give her a medicine called Tri-b , what you think about that medicin ? just for info....

me will wait for her, she still teething

·
Registered
5,126 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have read about the Tri-B , it is a human medicin too , consist of 3 types of vetamin B , it is injuction and tablets , its very famous here among old german sheperds breeders , here it is the link to its ingrediants

Nile Pharma - Tri-B Ampoule

Do you think it is safe ?

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Yes, it would be safe. Since it is used by gsd breeders in your area, you may want to consider giving it to her.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, it would be safe. Since it is used by gsd breeders in your area, you may want to consider giving it to her.
i started give her a medicin called Decal B12 , it is Calcium , Vitamin D3 , Vitamin B12 , they used it to as a supplement and i used it insetd of the one i told you becouse it contains Calcium , but i started to get nervus abut her ears since the day they where up as i told you they never come up both again except yesterday the were up for a a minute, don't know what else to make , will wait another two weeks till she is 6 an half month and put a glow to the ears . or what you think ?

just want to to tell you that i found Tri-B breeders use it in your country too , and some sell it on amazon , the difference is breeders here use it as a injuction

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Thank you for the information on Tri-B. Since your gsd is 6 months and her ears have only come up once, I would be nervous also and would decide to tape them now rather than wait.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts