German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4Health Dog Food Brand

I'm a TOTW fan, have been feeding for 3 yrs, but wondered about this food ? I have not researched nor read any reviews on this food yet.

Opinions? Made by Diamond also?

~Thanks~

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
My understanding is it is made by Diamond for Tractor Supply. Sierra eats it and is doing well on it. I don't think it's as good as TOTW but is comparable to the Costco brand people talk about. I think it's a mid grade food.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Abby has been on the chicken and rice formula for about 3 months
now. She likes it but that doesnt mean much. I think she would eat
anything. But she seems to be doing fine on it.

It seems to be a good value and most importantly its something
readily available in this area.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Both my dogs have been on it since pups - my female refuses anything else. I think its rated 4 stars out of five (cant recall the K9 food comparison site - but seemed independent and not associated with any manufactures). If you do a generic search for food - it should come up.

I know a lot swear by Taste of the Wild - but when I tried to switch once - both my dogs protested like the Attica riots. Have stuck with 4Health since.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Yes, it is made by Diamond. Rocky has done really well on it and I think it's a quality food for the price.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I've heard good things about it. I think that if you're feeding TOTW with good results though, you should stick with that, IMO.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Excellent dog food, and great price. Have had Kane on it now for over a year. I originally had him on Chicken Soup for the DLS. He did ok on that, just not great. Heard good things about 4Health, switched him over with no problems. He does better on this than the other brand. And he loves it, of course he's not a picky eater anyway. :). I feed him the Large Breed formula.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
4Health is less expensive. OP might be having to cut back a bit on the budget. :)
Didn't think about that. (I'm in Photo land - school, lol).

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
4Health is our backup food in case we have to watch our budget or shortages of TOTW. It is the only food we trust as a backup now. We feed the lamb and rice one. We have completely stopped feeding BB so now 4Health is our only available alternative at TSC if TOTW isn't an option.

I got my Mom to stop feeding her dogs supermarket foods(Purina Little Bites,Kibbles and Bits,etc.) because she is on a budget and she was feeding up to 4 bags of that stuff a month. She only has to buy one bag of the 4Health to last her 3 dogs. She has a shep/mix, a large lab and a small dog. They were always hungry and eating huge quantities of the supermarket food, but now they are getting the same amount but it is going to their bodies and not being just pooped out.
They love the small bites formula 4Health and so far have done very well on it.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Excellent dog food, and great price. Have had Kane on it now for over a year. .
Wow............... Didn't think this food has been out that long. :confused: Just started seeing it in our TSC right before Christmas.

Like TOTW, all dogs doing good on it, but yes, with the cost, adds up every 2 wks needing a 30 lb bag & I would like to ad *maybe* dog 4 someday & would like to find a great little less expensive food. NOT that I'm making the switch now, but trying to find more out about this food. ;)

Only sold at TSC I'm taking it?

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
It's been out at least a year because I fed it to a foster November 2009. I know the name changed once but it's the same food.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
great food. 4 stars out of 5 from what i've read. my dogs love it. Its the first food i havent had to mix wet food in with to get Shelby, my really picky eater to eat. We were using purina but i decided to upgrade lol. They're happy. and the smell doesnt make me gag.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts