German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Django is growing fast, we have him on a large breed puppy formula from our clinic (My SO is a vet) and he looks fantastic. He's a bit Robby, on the thin side, but we want to keep him there while his joints are growing so fast.

He's 15 wks old today, yesterday he weighed 41 lbs. is that normal or is he going to be a monster?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, my Sally is 6 months old and is real thin also. I'm beginning to think it's normal, since I try to over feed her and she won't eat. Her ribs are noticeable a little bit and so are her hip bones.. Just a little bit when u get close to her. We bought her a tube of vitamins hoping it would get her weight up but it didn't. Idk. I think it might just be a phase she's going through. She was real sick but we took her to the vet.. It's been a month and she's still thin.. I don't have an answer as to why she is.. I think it's normal in some dogs. She is perfectly fine.. Super happy, jumpy.. Bites and all.. I'm beginning to read a lot on it here.. But she's never had any "sick due to weight" behavior. Like not wanting to play and stuff.. Other than that time when she was actually sick..

·
Registered
121 Posts
Piper has been really thin for quite some time, I tried changing food several times, supplementing with raw meat, and feeding more food >6 cups a day to no avail.

Then one day I saw Greek yogurt has 2x the protein of regular yogurt and thought, "why not?" She is FINALLY putting on weight. So if nothing else helps, maybe try that?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts