German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my dog Riggs. He's about 42 pounds and he's a year and four months old.

He has the temperament and demeanor of a GSD but he's so small and his coat is very short.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
To me just by looking , Maybe hes mixed with a Doberman or a Rottweiler. The ears dont look shepherd to me. idk , i could be wrong though. Its happened before.haha
Take him to petsmart and have them swab his gums for like 12$ and they can run dna tests. Thats only if its that important.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
No he's definitely mixed though I'm not sure with what. Certainly not dobie or rottie given his small size. Some kind of terrier perhaps.

DNA tests are highly inaccurate and oftentimes outright wrong.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Definitely not purebred, maybe some Dobe? He's a cool lookin' dog though! :)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
DNA tests are highly inaccurate and oftentimes outright wrong.
I know I tell this story a lot, but I know of someone who had a dog that looked like a pit bull mix and they took him in for a DNA test and it came out purebred border collie. He was DEFINITELY not a border collie. lol I wouldn't trust a DNA test.

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
I would say ACD or Kelpie~ they are smaller in structure and have the earset of Riggs. If you have some pics of him sideview that aren't thumbnails it may be easier to see his body.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
he's a mix. his ears arent right for a PB GSD and I would say he's mixed with terrier or he's an entirely different breed altogether.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I would question if he has GSD at all, there are other breeds, (and many, many mixes) who has that color pattern.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
I see GSD in him but he isn't PB.

Because he is 42 pounds I would say that he is mixed with a mutt or breed that is between 20-40 pounds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.