German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight at the training club our class was practicing a 3 min, off leash down/stay. While our little group of 5 had just started, the puppy class and pet class took a break, kids were running, pups were playing, dogs were walking by and getting drinks all within a few yards and Stosh was doing such a great job. He was so interested in all the activity but never moved an inch until 2 mins and 56 seconds had passed and he just stood up. Never made an attempt to go anywhere to investigate all that was going on, just stood up. Not bad for an 8 mo old pup, but still. So close...:cry:

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bet you're right- he probably had his eye on the clock the whole time!!

·
Banned
5,921 Posts
Or used his internal clock! Wait till he does it in a show or just as you are returning to him from across the ring or out of sight in Open!

It is truley hilarious then! AAACCCKKK!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
oh wow. yeah he was watching the clock.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What got me was that there was no reason- I couldn't blame him if he got up to chase the playing puppies or follow his best friend over to get a drink. Guess we'll practice for 3 mins and 15 secs at home. His best friend is a 5 mo old black male gsd named Kobe- name after the basketball player not the beef

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
I think that is wonderful self control for a baby!

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I was impressed that he stayed down with so many things going on. I mean it was recess for 30 dogs but us. He's getting to be a good boy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts