German Shepherds Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 197 Posts

·
Administrator
9,814 Posts
to be fair…. you’ve gotten 4 pages of favorable responses to the info you provided, then added 5 pages in that the dam has a “folded” ear. so….. your pups ears may not stand.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
If it's genetic, taping won't help. Please just leave them alone and give them A LOT more time. That's not minutes. It's months, many more than one.
But what I don’t get is they have been up and down just never stayed up. Like I said we will try everything if it comes to the case of fixing /helping them.

·
Administrator
9,814 Posts
….maybe shift your focus on playing, training, overall dog care. share a bit about his personality and why you love the breed. it’ll make the time go a lot faster. obsessing does the opposite.

Reactions: mere_de_tous

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
….maybe shift your focus on playing, training, overall dog care. share a bit about his personality and why you love the breed. it’ll make the time go a lot faster. obsessing does the opposite.
I do.. I’m only a teen so it’s hard to completely not worry about it.. Im sorry if I seem like horrible dog owner to everyone..

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
to be fair…. you’ve gotten 4 pages of favorable responses to the info you provided, then added 5 pages in that the dam has a “folded” ear. so….. your pups ears may not stand.
its not completely folded like a lab its still up but the tip is folded.. anyways im done with this

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
I do.. I’m only a teen so it’s hard to completely not worry about it.. Im sorry if I seem like horrible dog owner to everyone..
You don't seem horrible at all, just obsessive :D
To Fodder's point, I don't understand if erect ears are this ultra important to you, why did you buy a pup from a weak eared Dam?

I assume a BYB since that dog really shouldn't be bred with that fault. You upped the chance that the puppies carry the weak gene now.

And you keep saying over and over that you don't understand why the ears are up and don't, yet you've been told over and over that this is completely normal for almost every GSD whose ears eventually stay up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
To Fodder's point, I don't understand if erect ears are this ultra important to you, why did you buy a pup from a weak eared Dam?

I assume a BYB since that dog really shouldn't be bred with that fault. You upped the chance that the puppies carry the weak gene now.

And you keep saying over and over that you don't understand why the ears are up and don't, yet you've been told over and over that this is completely normal for almost every GSD whose ears eventually stay up.
Hi sorry about all of this. She’s my sister and she has bad ocd about obsessing over things. You all are assuming that she’s a horrible dog owner or wherever and we all love him unconditionally, train, play heck he is even going to puppy class next week. He’s learning fast and growing each day! Ears are changing a lot, I been telling her to not worry about it and just wait and see. I am sorry if she annoyed you all, we both are just teens and wants the best for our beautiful boy. She left this forum cuz how upset she was. We didn’t buy him he was a gift to us from our moms partner. Both dam and sire have ears, every pup in the litter is falling in the same changes. Some up some down some up and one down, etc and that makes me believe that he is right on track.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I been telling her to not worry and stop searching things up sigh. Sorry about all of this. Just letting you all know the account is deleted

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·

No they aren’t backyard breeders at all actually they are North American purebred show line breeders, even if it is genetics both ears can stand up and did stand up but just didn’t stay up, that’s why I’m assuming he might have ears like his sire but tbh I don’t care anymore

·
Super Moderator
8,206 Posts
Nobody thinks you are horrible. We are happy for you enjoying your new puppy and we love your enthusiasm:)Please talk about something else though.

Reactions: Kiki18

·
Registered
829 Posts
Sorry if this has been upsetting to you. We really are trying to help and reassure you.

Maybe next time you question you pup's ears you should go back and read all the responses here. There really isn't anything else we can say and we really believe those ears will be fine.

Your pup is beautiful and I would love to have a bi-color like him. I've had several German Shepherds over the years but never one with that coloring. Lucky you!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Sorry if this has been upsetting to you. We really are trying to help and reassure you.

Maybe next time you question you pup's ears you should go back and read all the responses here. There really isn't anything else we can say and we really believe those ears will be fine.

Your pup is beautiful and I would love to have a bi-color like him. I've had several German Shepherds over the years but never one with that coloring. Lucky you!
It’s alright :) yes he really is beautiful we absolutely love him both ears were up today so I highly think his ears will be up and stay up. Of you want I can post a pic of the mom but it doesn’t matter anyways

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
NO ONE thinks you're a horrible dog owner. No one.
I had a weak eared female 4 dogs ago and I think I was a bit disappointed at the time but don't really remember.
She was the best dog ever, like all of them :LOL:
Okay I’m sorry I guess I jumped to conclusions.. Aw that’s nice :)

101 - 120 of 197 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.