Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 197 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
Why is this so important to you?

Most dogs' ears are not necessarily up by 5 months. All dogs are different and each one is an individual. There is no such thing as "most dogs".

If you don't want to risk damaging those ears and guaranteeing they will never, ever stand, leave them alone. Messing with them is the worst thing you can do. They are doing fine and don't need to be glued.

Think of how that would feel to your dog. He won't be able to move his ears the way they are meant to move. Would you glue a child's ears to his head if they stuck out?

Stop obsessing about the ears. Put your dog's feelings ahead of your own.
Also when I say up I mean ear folds open I don’t care if his ears are more on the side that’s fine…

·
Super Moderator
8,439 Posts
@Kiki18 it seems you're also stressing out the folks here that have kindly tried to help and reassure you.Give it a rest for a week or so. When members start getting short tempered and arguing the thread will be locked. New threads on the same subject will not be allowed. Please find a different subject that interests you.

Reactions: Pawsed

·
Registered
873 Posts
Forms will also prevent those ears from moving naturally and can be very uncomfortable for the dog. The glue can also cause allergic reactions and swelling in the ears. Try and get swollen ears to stand up! Some never will afterwards.

I wasn't suggesting you glue them to his head.

Folds in the ears are normal. They mean nothing about whether or not the ears will stand.

Please just leave them alone, 5 months, 6 months or 10 months. Don't risk damaging them by glueing them.

I'm done here. There is nothing that will convince you that the dog is doing exactly what he should be doing. For his sake I hope they are standing on the morning of his 5th month.

Good luck

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
Forms will also prevent those ears from moving naturally and can be very uncomfortable for the dog. The glue can also cause allergic reactions and swelling in the ears. Try and get swollen ears to stand up! Some never will afterwards.

I wasn't suggesting you glue them to his head.

Folds in the ears are normal. They mean nothing about whether or not the ears will stand.

Please just leave them alone, 5 months, 6 months or 10 months. Don't risk damaging them by glueing them.

I'm done here. There is nothing that will convince you that the dog is doing exactly what he should be doing. For his sake I hope they are standing on the morning of his 5th month.

Good luck
Okay well we are just thinking about it but we are pretty sure they will open up on their own

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
@Kiki18 it seems you're also stressing out the folks here that have kindly tried to help and reassure you.Give it a rest for a week or so. When members start getting short tempered and arguing the thread will be locked. New threads on the same subject will not be allowed. Please find a different subject that interests you.
… well then I kindly ask if I’m stressing them out to go to another post I’m sorry if I’m stressing out people.. my apologies

·
Super Moderator
8,439 Posts
You need to stop with the constant updates. One a week is plenty.
It's a public forum. You cannot decide who reads and posts.

·
Registered
Nadja- AKA the BooRoo
1,076 Posts
Glue.. and fix it anyways I’m done
The only way to make weak/floppy ears stand is putting implants in surgically and that would make the dog lose the ability to move their ears naturally. If they don’t come up then that’s that. Based on your pup’s ears though I’d say there’s a pretty good chance they’ll pop up eventually.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
The only way to make weak/floppy ears stand is putting implants in surgically and that would make the dog lose the ability to move their ears naturally. If they don’t come up then that’s that. Based on your pup’s ears though I’d say there’s a pretty good chance they’ll pop up eventually.
Yeah I know I’m done worrying about ears anyways I want to delete this ear post but I don’t know how

·
Administrator
10,020 Posts
How do I delete this post
you cannot delete a post or thread.
you can edit/delete content (as you already know) but doing that excessively will result in a suspension.
you can request that the thread be locked, but as dogma pointed out - creating new threads on the same topic just because you don’t like the way this one turned out, will not be allowed either.

Reactions: Kiki18

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
you cannot delete a post or thread.
you can edit/delete content (as you already know) but doing that excessively will result in a suspension.
you can request that the thread be locked, but as dogma pointed out - creating new threads on the same topic just because you don’t like the way this one turned out, will not be allowed either.
Can I just say not active on this thread anymore and just leave it? I’m going to post more things rather then ears lol

·
Super Moderator
8,439 Posts
Tell you what,it's closed until Friday December 3rd.Take a break.

181 - 197 of 197 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.