German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, this is Marshall a 4 months and a half old, can't take away the bad biting habit. I want to know is he biting because he is aggressive or he is playing with me? Any hints that helps with this issue? I can handle it but my family my friends and specially my nephews are the one who I'm concerned about. Thank you in advance for any advice. Best regards.

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
He's a puppy. More than likely he's trying to play. He doesn't know any better. When he bits you, redirect him to something else - a toy or chew and praise him for that. There's a reason they call puppyhood the Landshark phase.

Marshall is a cutie, btw. Congratulations!

·
Registered
120 Posts
We always make sure to have a Puppy Protection Device at the ready. Also known as a Dog Diverter. These are just our silly names for toys we use to redirect our landshark when she tries to bite at us. It's just playing. I wouldn't worry about it being aggression at this age. My girl was pretty mouthy at first, but much less so now.

·
Super Moderator
5,871 Posts
Also he is teething.Keep redirecting with toys try large frozen carrots or frozen peanut butter and kibble stuffed Kong's to help sooth those itchy achy gums.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Took my pup awhile until he stops nipping at my guests, like until he was like 7 months, when he was done teething. I had so many GOOD QUALITY chew toys so that really helped. And no your pup is not trying to hurt your or cause you any harm, he's just being a GSD puppy.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
My experience tells me, it is puppy behavior and won't stop until all the adult teeth are in. I just keep toys at the ready and divert from me to the toy. Have the others in your house do the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts