German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a four month old puppy that was going great walking for the past two weeks. Recently, she is just stopping and not moving.

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Assuming an injury has been ruled out, sometimes they need to just sit and watch or sniff around for awhile to be comfortable when away from home. Don't rush the heel/walk stuff yet. Just engage with her and explore together.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She just stops and does not walk. She will either get hyper focused on a particular person or distracted, I should also mention that I live in NYC and there are a lot of distractions.
Assuming an injury has been ruled out, sometimes they need to just sit and watch or sniff around for awhile to be comfortable when away from home. Don't rush the heel/walk stuff yet. Just engage with her and explore together.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
She's growing up and noticing the outside world. Keep yourself more interesting, have her focus on you. Use treats, a toy, your voice, see what works best for you and her. My 16 week old isn't leashed, we live in the country so lots of distractions in a different way. My voice and excitement work best for her.

Reactions: Mela

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We went out again after my post and it was so much better. I brought her favorite toy and was much more relaxed. Which made her relax. By the end of the walk, we were running and playing. Thx for the feedback

1 - 7 of 7 Posts