German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the food my dogs were on was Innova but there was a recall so Im switching to the orijen but when I was reading the ingredients they were very similar I have heard that the adult is much better for them .. than the large breed puppy food they sell .. just wanted peoples feedback

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
I am for doing the puppy chow first. I didn't feed your brand, but I did keep my Sting on what the breeder had him on - Purinea One Large Breed Puppy Chow - after doing research and when he was around a year - I switched him to Solid Gold Wolfking - then when that was hard to get - their Barking at The Moon. With my next pup, I plan to start with their Wolfcub.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I did LBP until almost a year. It's very similiar to their regular adult forumla. The thing I didn't like about LBP was there's only 1 flavor. My dog got really bored of eating the LBP and regular adult.

·
Registered
855 Posts
The adult formula is actually an 'All Life Stages' food, meaning it meets AAFCO's requirement for both 'growth and reproduction' as well as 'adult maintenance'. I'm sure there are nutritional differences between the two, but either should be fine.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'd like to think there is a reason they make a LBP food and adult too. Probably best to give them a call to get their take.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd like to think there is a reason they make a LBP food and adult too. Probably best to give them a call to get their take.
Large Breed Puppy has lower calcium and phosphorous levels and more omega 3 and omega 6 than the adult formula. It's supposed to help large puppies grow at a slower, more steady rate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts