German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl is one and a half week away from being five months old. I'm always told that she's rather small for her size. However, she's from a working line and I've heard that they grow slower and take longer to fill in. I'm convinced that she's a perfectly healthy weight, but people have been putting doubts in my head. She's 39lbs. Help me prove to everyone that she's in excellent shape. Does she look healthy?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Yes she does look healthy! People don't know the GSD standard. Females are within the standard if they are not over 24" at the withers, fully grown, and with a weight of 49-73 lbs. Your dog is perfect!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I'd say so. My male pup was very skinny and lanky until he was 7 months. Yours looks proportional and normal for a pup

·
Registered
503 Posts
I agree with both here!

Katsu was about 28lbs at 4 months - though she did have some parasites which may be why. She's currently hovering at 56lbs at 10.5 months. The breeder believes she'll be around 60-ish lbs fully grown, but I'm leaning towards 65lbs.

·
Registered
225 Posts
People are also constantly trying to get others to overfeed their dogs. If your dog doesn't have meat on them they will nag. Just ignore it. If you're very worried when you take her in next talk to the vet. That always makes me feel better regardless of what I'm worried over.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Your dog is gorgeous and perfectly healthily looking! She looks just like my Mei, who is six months and I was also told she is working line. Her coat looks great too!! Very shiny.

Mine is six months and fluctuating between 48-51lbs. When she was four months, I wanna say she was 35lbs. So, just about the same size your great looking dog is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts