·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Good job!!!

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The obedience had me worried. What a nasty twist. She did it inside the building that had the residual odor from our building hides and a distracter person. I had never practices obedience inside like that. We nailed it. The rest was the various odor scenarios. The open area was the most interesting. On a farm with pastured pigs, the bones that are scattered around any farm, a dead pig, dead dog, and little baby pigs wandering through the search area.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
OMG, I can just imagine my boy, running over to the dead animals, and rolling...then standing up so proud of himself! 'Look mommy, I got Eau'de'yuck!'. :D

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dead dog (assume coyote as they farm has donkeys on coyote patrol) was the most interesting....the MT did not even know it was there until all the dogs sniffed it with interest and she uncovered it. Nobody alerted on it. The dead pig and the pig bones and cow skull, they all completely ignored. The baby pigs were watching Beau and we saw them but he did not. She said the whole "herd" of them ran though the search area while she was setting it up. Cool.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Congratulations to you and Beau.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Yay!! Congrats! I remember reading you were worried awhile back after an issue with another dog --- was that you? So happy for you guys! Good job team!

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, we had a bit of a scuffle and a couple puncture wounds when both dogs went up in the jon boat at the same time freak accident. Actually the next time we worked together they completely forgot about it. I was worried about nothing. All the dogs care about Is working. Now if we cut both of them off of the lead and let them be together unsupervised I'm sure there would be a challenge and I imagine the two of them would work it out with some wounds but they don't have to live in the same household and there's no reason for them to be buddies

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :congratulations:

It sounds like an interesting scenario :wild:

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We had not tested with this evaluator for several years; she comes up with some interesting but real world scenarios. I remember our first year (2008, I had Grim) she put the hide inside a big metal warehouse buidling on the sunlit wall. The odor went up he wall, up the arched ceiling and dropped down on a big piece of earthmoving equipment. All the dogs wound up in the cab and, fortunately with no final indication, she made us figure out where to search for the source of the odor.

The boat problem was a challenge, 12mph winds, 20mph gusts..the boat had a mud motor and left bubbles everywhere on the surface....I was fortunate; Beau was the only one to pass that particular scenario and he rocked it. Our miss* was overlapping odor on a simple buried hide; something we had done ad nauseum in training.

*out of 12 problems you are allowed onw miss

·
Super Moderator
32,304 Posts
Wow, great job! :congratulations:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts