German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys ,

I have to give up my Shepherd :( . Getting divorced and need to move in an apt . This is very sad and hard ofcourse. I want to make sure she gets a good home . She is almost 3 ,pure bred , no hip issues yet and not fixed . She is a very friendly dog and is currently around my 2 1/2 year old daughter with no issues . She is friendly towards most other dogs when out , but can be a little protective in her "turf" . We had another GSD mix that she grew up with no issues until the mix passed away . I thought I would try here before trying other avenues. I would be willing to transport her within an hour or so of where I live Bradenton, Fl . Let me know if you have any other questions . Thanks, Greg

· Registered
14,171 Posts
Greg - if you spay her, I am betting there are rescues who would courtesy post her on their websites to get her information out to people looking. I would recommend you do that before she's adopted, and also if she came from a breeder who might take her back or help you in placing that would be great too!

I know someone has posted info and links on how to help place a dog...will look for those...

· Registered
209 Posts
2nd on Jean's comment, FL rescues are very full right now & it will be hard to place an unaltered dog !

Also, need to know what city you are in please & how far you are willing to drive to meet up with a rescue transport team member.

· Registered
209 Posts
Beautiful young GSD, hope they placed her in a good home !!

· Registered
28 Posts
If you could keep her for about a month (maybe less- I'm deployed and will be back second week of Jan or so), I am willing to keep her.

I fostered a dog for a year and she went back to her owner right before I deployed. My GSD loves other dogs and I would love to have a playmate for him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.