German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys ,

I have to give up my Shepherd :( . Getting divorced and need to move in an apt . This is very sad and hard ofcourse. I want to make sure she gets a good home . She is almost 3 ,pure bred , no hip issues yet and not fixed . She is a very friendly dog and is currently around my 2 1/2 year old daughter with no issues . She is friendly towards most other dogs when out , but can be a little protective in her "turf" . We had another GSD mix that she grew up with no issues until the mix passed away . I thought I would try here before trying other avenues. I would be willing to transport her within an hour or so of where I live Bradenton, Fl . Let me know if you have any other questions . Thanks, Greg

·
Registered
24,301 Posts
Greg - if you spay her, I am betting there are rescues who would courtesy post her on their websites to get her information out to people looking. I would recommend you do that before she's adopted, and also if she came from a breeder who might take her back or help you in placing that would be great too!

I know someone has posted info and links on how to help place a dog...will look for those...

·
Registered
208 Posts
2nd on Jean's comment, FL rescues are very full right now & it will be hard to place an unaltered dog !

Also, need to know what city you are in please & how far you are willing to drive to meet up with a rescue transport team member.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I live in Zolfo Springs not to far from Brandenton just down SR 64. We have an 11 year old German Shep and would love to take her if you haven't found a family yet. You can email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
208 Posts
Beautiful young GSD, hope they placed her in a good home !!

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you could keep her for about a month (maybe less- I'm deployed and will be back second week of Jan or so), I am willing to keep her.

I fostered a dog for a year and she went back to her owner right before I deployed. My GSD loves other dogs and I would love to have a playmate for him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts