German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I met my pup today, and try as I might, I managed to fall in love anyway. Good thing the breeder is encouraging me to come back every Sunday to play with and get to know the pup! :)

Anyway I just wanted to share a couple photos! :D She is 2 weeks old today!

Ok, that's all :p
She is just so...tiny. Esp. compared to her brothers and sisters. However I am very pleased and excited to have her... meeting her parents was great as well... they are healthy, friendly, active, and well trained :)

Anyway, thanks for looking the photos and humoring me =P Have a great Sunday evening!

-Jess

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
adorable!!!!!!:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hey Jess..... Where is your breeder? Your default pic looks like the pics from my breeders website. Was your pup born on sept 19th??

·
Registered
397 Posts
Im certain we have the same breeder and are getting a pup from the same litter!

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
What a sweet baby! Congrats!

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
That's so great that you're getting littermates! We can all watch them grow up. Very cute puppy, does she have a name?

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Wear an old tee shirt around all day, then give it to the breeder to put with the pup so he/she will recognize your scent.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My breeder is Barbara from Grand Canyon K9 ...I can't express how *Thrilled* I am to have found her and her pups :)

Jgk that is completely awesome :) Which pup are you getting? I'm getting the tiniest. What a small world, how neat is it that we are getting a pup from the same litter! :)

Thanks for all the nice comments =)
For names I am undecided - I really like Frauke (Fraw-kay) it means "little lady" in German.

-Jess

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yes, Barbara is awesome! I train my GSD with her right now 2x a week... shes a great person. I really like her and thats saying something. Trust me. As of right now its Faro the Black Sable Male. His name will be Fenric on paper and I think we will call him Ivan. Love him <3

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hes listed next to yours on the website I think.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep she is very educated and knows what she is talking about. I love that she offered to show me all her adults - Ive been to breeders who hesitate to let you hang out with mom and dad (that's usually when I leave lol)... I also like that she had them all run and play and take commands so I could see how she was training. She is going to hook me up with one of her trainers - our first goal with Frauke (after her puppy course) will be the CGC followed by intermediate and advanced classes. Im also looking at a private trainer who has helped train 4 dogs (and is on her 5th) to be service dogs. It will really end up being who ever both myself, and the pup are most comfortable with as I would like to remain with the same trainer and training style so as not to confuse anyone (myself or her).

I probably held your pup yesterday -- I made it a point to check 'em all out. =) We will definitely have to stay connected... how cool is that, especially nice to hear from another pup-parent-to-be from the same litter! :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Certainly will stay in contact. I see Dyk 2x a week at training and I love him. I hope my pup takes after him!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dyk is fantastic... I love how eagar he is to meet people, we are hoping our little one takes a bit more after Mama; we all agree that the way she notices and watches ppl is good especially since she has chosen one person (Barbara) as hers - where as Dyk seems to be happy to go with anyone lol.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have to be honest though, I absolutely ADORED Henna.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
If anyone is still listening... :) Who was the mom in F litter? I am getting a puppy from the G litter, Dyk x Hena, and I am sooo excited! I just wished I was down there so I could be over all the time. ;) I live up in Taylor and only got to meet them once so far.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ohmygoodness! Adorable!! Be sure to take tons of pictures when she gets home...they grow up so fast! I love the dark sables!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I am soo excited!! I wish I had taken some pictures when I was there Saturday, but I was too busy playing with the puppies!! I do too, my dog that I just lost was a light sable, so originally I told her I wanted a lighter one. Than I realized that I can't replace Amadeus, and Glock will be his own personality so I asked if I could to get a darker one. He is precious!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
That's awesome! I have had my puppy for about 3 weeks now and he's a dark sable. :) Can't wait to see how our puppies change colors! LOL.

Amedeus will always have a special place in your heart, for sure...and I bet Glock will be an awesome dog as well!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts