German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My puppy just recently started doing this but everything she comes up to me, she pee's. Even if she already went outside to use the restroom she sometimes gets either really happy, excited or nervous she still pee's. I dont think it has anything to do with a UTI. Just a little frustrating because I can tell she really caught on to potty training quickly then all of a sudden she started doing this a lot. When I first get home from work, I try not to talk to her until I get her outside to avoid any accidents but not sure what else to do.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
There’s not anything you can do to get rid of the issue per say. You more or less ha e to avoid it until they grow out of it. There is a highly variable time frame for that though.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
You're doing one thing I would have recommended; no excited voices, no baby talk, no allowing jumping up. Generally, when I get home, I open the door and just say "let's go".

We hit the side yard and they know "get up" or "get out" to mean leave the side yard to pee. Good boys and then we celebrate me coming home lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're doing one thing I would have recommended; no excited voices, no baby talk, no allowing jumping up. Generally, when I get home, I open the door and just say "let's go".

We hit the side yard and they know "get up" or "get out" to mean leave the side yard to pee. Good boys and then we celebrate me coming home lol
oh good Im glad to hear that, from the other posts it seems like something thats actual common and that she will eventually grow out of it so Im really happy to hear that.

·
Banned
400 Posts
My puppy just recently started doing this but everything she comes up to me, she pee's. Even if she already went outside to use the restroom she sometimes gets either really happy, excited or nervous she still pee's. I dont think it has anything to do with a UTI. Just a little frustrating because I can tell she really caught on to potty training quickly then all of a sudden she started doing this a lot. When I first get home from work, I try not to talk to her until I get her outside to avoid any accidents but not sure what else to do.
I don't have experience with this problem. However, you might find some use in the following video starting @ 4:20 on timer:

·
Registered
882 Posts
One of my Shar Pei did it when she was little, around 3-4 months. She would get really excited when she is released from her crate and it doesn’t mean after staying in the crate at night, even if I’ll live her for 40 min to do groceries. I had a bunch of old face cloths on the top of her crate. Literally, the moment I open the door, I pick her up, put one of the face cloths on her bottom and carry her outside immediately. Then she’ll pee, play and after she is calm, we would go back inside. It was just a phase and she outgrew it really fast. She started her show career pretty early and was traveling a lot with her handler and never had a problem. She lived a long life, 14.2 y.o and was one of the best dogs I ever had just like her daughter!)

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
We have the randomly excited pee here with Becca. She's 16 weeks old. Not fun, we do the same no talking or petting until she's out the door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts