German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So me and my wife proudly own a male German shepherd puppy. He is often times really good. He spends a decent amount of time in his crate 6 hours Monday - Thursday and usually 45 minutes per meal time.

He bites EVERYTHING, faces, legs, calves, heads, other dogs and just won't stop! Sometimes he is more calm and just plays like a puppy but sometimes he enters what we have deemed "crazy mode" and he just bites!

My wife is worried he doesn't respect her as an alpha and it's almost like he thinks he runs the show here. We for spank or hit him at all as we heard that causes issues. He had a million toys and he just doesn't seem happy enough with them.

Is this just a teething puppy thing? What could we do!??

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Super Moderator
32,127 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! That was extremely helpful! We are waiting for his final series of shots before we enroll him in training, however that is our priority.

The link helped us, we will be employing some of the remedies listed, the videos were also helpful.

Thank you again.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
exercise exercise exercise,,a tired puppy is a good puppy:)

·
Super Moderator
32,127 Posts
Check the vaccination requirements for puppy classes near you. The classes I took only required the first two sets of puppy vaccinations, with the second one being at least a week before the start of the class, and it was for puppies that were between 10 and 18 weeks on the start date. Three months old is a perfect time to start a puppy class.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts