German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband picked up a beautiful black 3 month old German shepherd puppy yesterday.
She is super sweet. But she has a sway to her when she walks. She doesn't bunny hop up stair or anything but she seems to lay down a lot ... I took a video of her walking...I'm so scared she has hip dysplasia. But I still have some hope that that's just the way she walks . Video of her walking link below

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,832 Posts
She looks like a normal puppy to my eye.

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
there is no sway .

muscles still need to develop.

the whole body needs to develop .

what I would be addressing is that dog not wanting to come to you.

·
Banned
850 Posts
At this age I wouldnt worry. HD isn't tested for until at least 1yr of age, there is still way too much bone and muscle growth to go. Just dont have her jumping from high surfaces or going down stairs.

·
Super Moderator
5,832 Posts
Awesome thank you. I was hoping it was all in my head.

Puppies can be kinda loose and wobbly at times. Yours looks fine. Pretty puppy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there is no sway .

muscles still need to develop.

the whole body needs to develop .

what I would be addressing is that dog not wanting to come to you.

Maybe it's all in my head lol! I watched a couple of videos of hip dysplasia. And they seemed to walk like her. But I'm thankful you didn't see it. Yes we are going to work on her coming to us. We just got her yesterday. It has taken her a bit to get used to us

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
She's a beauty. Looks alright to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At this age I wouldnt worry. HD isn't tested for until at least 1yr of age, there is still way too much bone and muscle growth to go. Just dont have her jumping from high surfaces or going down stairs.

Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it! I didn't think about the stairs and high surfaces.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Wait until she starts walking like she's God's gift to the whole world. At least that's what my wife says about our young girl. She walks with a swagger or wiggle head up thinks she's the most important dog in the world. Definitely a mother hen to our other dogs.

Reactions: angelk
1 - 13 of 13 Posts