German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3 month old was left with our neighbor while we were out of town for 5 days. He has always been very hyper and destructive. When we returned and brought him home, he has been coming in the house and just laying down. We have a cat he likes to go after but doesn't take much interest with it anymore. His eating is normal and still plays with his toys..just not the same dog he was when we left. Could anything be wrong with him? Should we worry?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
How long has it been since you got him back from the neighbors?

have you talked to the neighbors about it?
Maybe they had him act more calm and less destructive at their house. I know my maltipoo acts really calm around my ex, who watches him when we are out of town. So when ever we get him back hes still in his calm mode for a day or two and then who goes back to his crazy zoomies self.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Maybe your dog justs acts different around different people. Or maybe he felt comfortable around your neighbors. I know our little girl acts different around me than my wife. So I say nothing to worry too much about. Unless one day take him over there to visit and see how he reacts and take him home and see. Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
595 Posts
A lot of people tell me dogs will eventually become the people they are with. However, that is a very fast change! Maybe he is going through a growth spurt and just needs the extra sleep. Or perhaps it is hotter than normal where you are. On hot days all mine does is sleep.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
If they get the proper amount of activity a puppy that age sleeps 90% of the day. Even the cracked out Belgian Malinois puppies are like this.

Sri is probably right about the growth spurt thing. Before big growth spurts they can get really lazy and calm to the point you start to wonder if they should go to the vet. If hes eating and drinking normally and has his occasional bouts of zoomie its nothing to worry about. Enjoy it while it lasts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts