German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She went out to do her business an hour and a half ago. And when she has to go, she will NOT go in the house. She will whine and whine and whine untill i get the point and let her out!
BUT tonight, i take her out, put her in her crate as i had to meet a friend for dinner, was gone MAYBE an hour and a half, come home, let her and my male gsd, max out. They are playing, rolling around, etc... and she literally stops SO RANDOMLY in the middle of playing, and squats. But not like squats and pees, squat... walks... pees all at the same time! Second time! First time was... oh idk 2 or more weeks ago! I thought ok, maybe that was a fluke. But since this is the second time, and he ALWAYS tells me when she has to go out... i just dont know what it could be!?

ANY idea's?! Id love some... :confused:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Maybe a urinary tract infection.

When I was helping out with a Greyhound group event, there was a female that was doing that all over the place, and the people there said she was marking. She was a senior though, about 13 years old or so.

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
I'd have her checked for UTI too. The need to go is so overwhelming with a UTI, they can't hold it. And peeing in the house could be her way of letting you know that there is something wrong.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
i also agree with having her checked for a UTI.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
i would check for uti as well, could also be excitement, submission or just random marking..

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah check for a UTI was going to be my suggestion too.
Is she spayed?
She is spayed yes.... if a UTI would it be weird that this is the second time in like 2 weeks? so far apart??

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i would check for uti as well, could also be excitement, submission or just random marking..
I was asking my husband about marking and females. He knew nothing of it. I guess i just find it weird? Thats my ruby girl... she knows whats wrong. Before i even know something sometimes! She will have her ears back...looking so sad lol thats when ill be like... oh no, what happenned?! haha

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
jean I "think" it's inside:) and yes females WILL mark..

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wait - this is outside?

They are playing, she feels like she has to pee, she stops, pops a squat and then keeps walking as she's peeing on her way back to play?

Yes, it could always be a UTI, but my dogs will do that if they want to get back to the game.
No this happernned twice in my living room. And she knows thats a no-no!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Nicole, can you catch a sample in the morning and drop it off on your way to work? Being it a another holiday weekend and all.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nicole, can you catch a sample in the morning and drop it off on your way to work? Being it a another holiday weekend and all.
I was thinking of that.... but.... just curious on how exactly to get the sample lol

I mean i know it sounds easy enough... but i cant wrap my mind around the idea of me waiting for her to pee... following her.... walking beside/behind her as she squats.... and mind you she is an inch from the ground lol holding my small tupperware underneath her... ah!

haha:wild:

EDIT: the thought of it makes me giggle out loud... cause ruby has such an expressional face... i can see her looking at me on her level like... really mom.... what in gods name are you doing lol

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Isn't your vet open early? Geez......Banfield I think opens at 7?
IDK. i have to leave my house by 8 to make it to starbucks and be at work by 8:40... 8:45am. And his vet is in the opposite direction on redstone arsenal... and getting ON POST in the morning.... is rediculous! haha

Im gonna look online really quick and see if they open early. and if not.... ill ask my dad to bring it... he works on post. unless he is off tomorrow lol

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
open at 8. :/i guess i could get there AT 8AM and leave there to go to work... if traffic isnt terrible

EDIT: JUST kidding. they are closed tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts