German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I've been lurking on the forums for a couple of years now! :eek:

My short story...
I've wanted a dog since I was a child, from the age of 6, precisely. I fell in love with the German Shepherd Dog breed over a decade ago and finally after many years of waiting for the correct time in my life (after college, then after grad school, then after getting a stable job and finally finding a house with a yard) I started to search for my lifetime companion. By chance I discovered my breeder in the local area just in time to ring in my 30th birthday. So after 24 years of patiently waiting, Hans will finally join me! I can't express how excited I am. Hopefully all my research and patience will have paid off.

Here's a photo of him, taken today. He's now 7 weeks old. One more week! :wild:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
He is cute. You won't be disappointed. Enjoy him:)

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Yes, he's very cute! Have fun with him.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
:welcome: & Congratulations: for getting Han's. Good things come to those who wait. I am sure he was worth the wait :)

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Welcome and how exciting!!!

I waited many, many years for the right time to get my first dog too! Isn't it great when that wait is finally over and you know it's time?!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome and how exciting!!!

I waited many, many years for the right time to get my first dog too! Isn't it great when that wait is finally over and you know it's time?!
yes, it definitely is!! :)

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I've been learning a lot from the site already! I just hope I can be the best puppy mom Hans needs me to be! :eek:

I can't wait to share more photos of him... just 8 MORE DAYS!! :D

·
Registered
339 Posts
He's very handsome. Looks like he was worth the wait.

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Hello all! I've been lurking on the forums for a couple of years now! :eek:

My short story...
I've wanted a dog since I was a child, from the age of 6, precisely. I fell in love with the German Shepherd Dog breed over a decade ago and finally after many years of waiting for the correct time in my life (after college, then after grad school, then after getting a stable job and finally finding a house with a yard) I started to search for my lifetime companion. By chance I discovered my breeder in the local area just in time to ring in my 30th birthday. So after 24 years of patiently waiting, Hans will finally join me! I can't express how excited I am. Hopefully all my research and patience will have paid off.

Here's a photo of him, taken today. He's now 7 weeks old. One more week! :wild:
You named him after Strietzel? I already like you! :D

Welcome to the Forums!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did, indeed, Mrs. K!! I'm glad to see someone else knows some racing history! :)

I wanted to name Hans, Striezel's full name but had to give him an A name since this was her first litter. So now he's officially Adelhelm "Hans" vom Schonwasser.

"Schumi" was also in the runnings when I was thinking of names. :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts