German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This is our 23 month old female. I managed to get a decent stack pict. of her so thought I would post it and see if anyone would be willing to do a critique! We did her puppy rating and will probably get her show rating. I'd like to see if some of the critiques we got from the judge still hold true or if she has grown out of some of them. This is what I remember(she was 9 months old at the time of the puppy show)from what the judge said....she got VP6 out of 6 puppies.

Good angulation in front, very good angulation in back
Pasterns that were not strong enough...sorry can't see because of grass:frown2:
Nice topline but insufficient bottom line(he explained it as her chest not being deep enough)
Croup slightly too short and steep
Good pigmentation, but I think that is a given for a black dog!?

Looking forward to any and all input, honesty will not hurt my feelings!

Thank you so much(in advance)!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I disagree about the 'good angulation in front'. Her shoulder is quite steep, while her hind angulation is maybe a little more than I'd want in a working line dog. Her forechest is not well developed either, and yes, chest could be deeper.

She is stretched through the loin but has a nice length of croup. Head is nice and feminine. Withers are quite flat, though.

What are her lines? Is she part American show lines?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I disagree about the 'good angulation in front'. Her shoulder is quite steep, while her hind angulation is maybe a little more than I'd want in a working line dog. Her forechest is not well developed either, and yes, chest could be deeper.

She is stretched through the loin but has a nice length of croup. Head is nice and feminine. Withers are quite flat, though.

What are her lines? Is she part American show lines?
No American showlines, czech working lines. I may have mis-remembered some of the judges comments though, it was more than a year ago and she was only 9 months old at the time!

Thank you for taking the time to respond:)

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Ah, okay, I asked about American lines, because steep shoulders and overangulated rears are very common in those lines!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts