German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!

Each year we put on a card exchange. Totally voluntary and confidential. Use your screen name or real, PO Box or street address as you prefer.

The premise is everyone who wants to join the exchange can. To join just PM me your name/address of choice. Once the window to join closes I’ll send out via PM the shared names to each member of the exchange. To be fair we ask that everyone who participates to please send a card to everyone on the list. It’s fun to get all the cards, well wishes, and even sometimes photos! After the exchange all lists are destroyed.

What do you all think? What date should we set as the cutoff to join by?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks to those who have already joined us! I’ve also gotten some questions from people that I prolly should answer here too for all the read.

Yes you can use a business address.
No, cards don’t have to be dog themed (totally welcome though!)
Yes, we’ve done this before (link for last years thread: https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/721794-2017-christmas-holiday-card-exchange.html ).
The number of participants ranges from 6-20 in past years.

If you have any other questions just let me know!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The more the merrier!

Let’s say December 4th is the cutoff to join. PM your details if you want to join by the end of Dec 4th. I’ll try and get the list messaged out on the fifth or sixth. That’ll give a couple weeks to mail cards.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Friendly reminder: two more days to join the card exchange!!

We’ve got a great group so far and can’t wait to find all the fun holiday cards in the mail!

·
Registered
31,874 Posts
Sorry, can't add one thing at Christmas time. We should have a GSD Card exchange in mid February when everyone is sick of snow, and waiting for spring, and going through six weeks of no holidays or days off or parties, events, feasts, or festivals.

And if that becomes a hit, we could have a February regional GSD meet up at a local park and have a small event with maybe a program starting with dog training/exhibition, then maybe some sort of educational hour, followed by a hike in the park, and followed by an informal burger-fry-coffee-hour type thing at a local eatery.

Then we can take a bunch of pictures and each regional group could post pictures, and stories and a synopsis of what they discussed/learned. I mean that could be current dog affairs/state or county dog laws/nutrition/training/common diseases current in the breed/conformation/a tribute to local k9s/service dog awareness.

But adding just one thing around Christmas, is just hard, even a bunch of Christmas cards.

TL/DR: February is boring we should do something then.

·
Super Moderator
4,686 Posts
Sorry, can't add one thing at Christmas time. We should have a GSD Card exchange in mid February when everyone is sick of snow, and waiting for spring, and going through six weeks of no holidays or days off or parties, events, feasts, or festivals.

And if that becomes a hit, we could have a February regional GSD meet up at a local park and have a small event with maybe a program starting with dog training/exhibition, then maybe some sort of educational hour, followed by a hike in the park, and followed by an informal burger-fry-coffee-hour type thing at a local eatery.

Then we can take a bunch of pictures and each regional group could post pictures, and stories and a synopsis of what they discussed/learned. I mean that could be current dog affairs/state or county dog laws/nutrition/training/common diseases current in the breed/conformation/a tribute to local k9s/service dog awareness.

But adding just one thing around Christmas, is just hard, even a bunch of Christmas cards.

TL/DR: February is boring we should do something then.
wow! that is a great idea!

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Friendly reminder: two more days to join the card exchange!!

We’ve got a great group so far and can’t wait to find all the fun holiday cards in the mail!
That's today (Monday) & tomorrow (Tuesday) to PM Kahrg4 with your name and address of choice as she explained in her first post. I also can't wait as cards are one of my favorite holiday tradition. :snowmen:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Remember, today is the last day to join!! Message me by end of today to get your name on the list!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
THE CARD EXCHANGE LIST IS FINALIZED!!

For everyone who messaged me asking to participate I've sent out the list. If for any reason you didn't get a copy please DM me. Also if you see a typo in your name/address on the list let me know ASAP.

Can't want to get my cards in the mail! This is always so much fun!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts